Reflecting on my blogging experience...It has been interesting combining current information technology with digging into the past - my favourite item I found was a 1937 Free Library Movement brochure from Melbourne. I enjoyed both handling the actual, fragile A5 little original in the State Library and viewing the Sydney version much more conveniently online at home.
Courtesy State Library of
Victoria, view it here.
Posting about my research process made me more disciplined and systematic in my approach to locating material in different formats; I began with books and worked my way through to videos, roughly moving on to a more technologically advanced format each week.
A highlight was certainly discovering how easy setting up and updating a blog is, including adding links, photos and videos. Finding few web 2.0 materials related to early Australian public children's libraries was a little disappointing but I found plenty of web 2.0 tools for children offered by today's public children's libraries, particularly from the United States. These were fun and provided insight into how libraries are using web 2.0 to engage children.
Recently visiting my local library's three blogs I could not only navigate through them with ease but also imagine creating them myself as a library worker. This has been a great way to become engaged and competent in blogs and other web 2.0 services.
No comments:
Post a Comment